When a past client gives you positive feedback it is like throwing hundred dollar notes out the window if you keep it to yourself. Your business reputation can be enhanced with good reviews and can help build trust with potential future clients and customers.
Types of business owners
There are three main categories of business owners and managers when it comes to feedback for their companies. You have the ones that:
- ask for feedback and don't do anything about it. They don't share it with the rest of the world nor do they respond to feedback, good or bad
- ask for feedback, post it on their website and just about anywhere else they can
- don't bother asking for feedback from past clients/customers either because they have never done it before or because they have never thought about asking for it.
Which one are you?
Receiving five star reviews is one of the most important business tools you will have at your disposal. And here's the thing, they are totally free. It costs you nothing to ask for feedback and can cost you nothing to share them with the world.
Are reviews important?
It may be hard to believe but both good and poor feedback is useful to your business.
They build trust in your business and the more good reviews you have the more trust you build. The people who take the time to leave a positive review for your business are ambassadors for your company especially if you acknowledge them and treat them well.
Replying to all your 4 and 5 star reviews with a simple "thank you" for taking the time to leave feedback, can go a long way to making sure they continue recommending your business online and off.
It could be argued that poor feedback is a useful tool in any business owner's toolbox. Too many poor reviews of 1, 2 or 3 stars are harmful. However the odd poor review gives you the opportunity to respond.
Respond properly to all your reviews, especially the poor ones. This means that anyone looking at the feedback and response will see how you deal with unhappy customers.
If you deal with unhappy customers correctly you will give confidence in potential customers that if anything were to go wrong when buying from you then it would be put right.
2 Reputation Management Software That Can Help Your Business Grow
- Reviewshake -This is a powerful piece of software and a popular Reputation Management too. It may be a bit complicated for the novice however if you manage to get used to it this can help your business gather reviews and help make your business grow.
- Reputation Management by Pramaze - This Reputation Management Software is a great all in one package. You get reports that will show clearly what you can do to increase your business reputation and trust significantly. You see all your reviews in one easy to read dashboard and can reply to some of the major review platforms from within the system. You even get a 14 day free trial before you need to make a decision to buy or not.